Hi, we're Nexford
A next-generation learning experience you won't find anywhere else.
Learner-centric. Future-focused. Mission-driven.
Nexford University's mission is to enable greater social and economic mobility across the world by providing learners access to a high-quality, affordable, dynamic learning experience 100% online that prepares them for the global workplace.
Born different for you
We believe the world needs a new approach to higher education. Technology disrupts, education lags, students struggle and societies suffer. Born from this problem, we’ve thrown out what doesn’t work and created a modern solution that places learners and their future success at the core. It’s a tech-powered, globally affordable solution – aligned to workplace needs.
Nexford is a different experience. I've developed skills I hadn't used before, like researching and critical reading. It's interactive and attractive, which makes it easy to stay engaged.
Nexford is where global citizens learn the skills they need, at the moment they need them most. We help people move forward in their careers – and their lives. We're a Public Benefit Corporation based in Washington DC. Yes, we're for profit, but we prioritize public benefit over profit. Every time.
100 years. Little progress. That's why we exist.
Can you think of an industry that uses the same methods of production it did 100 years ago, one that hasn't undergone radical innovation? The university classroom lost sight of its customer a long, long time ago. It's dated and hasn't significantly changed over the past century.
- More than 90% of students pursue higher education to build a career
- Only 11% of business leaders think today's graduates are ready to enter the workforce.
Prepared learners: that's what drives us
Successful Nexford graduates are utterly employable: they're ready to advance in the world of work.
Only 30% of employees have the skills they need to perform their work today.
Source: The Institute for College Access and Success
Two-thirds of American college students graduate with college debt, and that debt now tops $1.2 trillion.
Only 40% of US college seniors say college experience helped them in their career.
It's time for a paradigm shift in higher education
We’re seizing the opportunity to progress the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goal 4. Our work ensures inclusive and fair quality online education and promotes lifelong learning opportunities for all.
Our mission-driven goals
It’s our aim to become the largest and most affordable American university in the world. We provide learners with:
- The information and skills they need to develop and achieve their career goals
- A global education that prepares them for the workplace regardless of their physical location
- An online educational model based on the mastery of relevant workplace competencies – from general education to professional and technical subjects
- Communication, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills to build a foundation of lifelong learning
- A global community that bolsters their success through the innovative use of collaborative technology
- Ongoing lifelong education and credentials that are regularly updated based on evolving global workplace needs
- An online education experience that maximizes their opportunities for success, offering flexibility, learner support and affordability